CAMP CROOKSTON. I mean, there should be an entire blog about Camp Crookston. Not an entry, an entire blog. But alas, I am having a hard time maintaining one blog, so someone else will have to make that one. The Crookston Moment nominees for today and yesterday are...
1. The Camp Crookston talent show. Paige taught everyone how to bow in proper Korean style, There was a trumpet/trombone duet, a community guitar sing-a-long, and even a ballad about Camp Crookston written by yours truly. The prize ($10) went to Taylor, for his amazing horse jumping skills. Hooray for Taylor!
2. Taylor's Camp Crookston shirt. On the front it says, "Camp Crookston 2009." On the back it says, "Lah-dee-fricken dah. Be excited or you will be eaten by the fox." I simply love to watch the Camp Crookston dynamic around here. Basically Mrs. Crookston and the cousins love it, and the Crookston siblings loathe it but act happy because if they don't they will be slain by their overzealous mother. Do not mess with her. YOU MUST LOVE CAMP CROOKSTON!
3. Yesterday, Carly and I went out, *ahem* "wedding shopping." Allow me to note that neither one of us is engaged. At all. Not even a little bit (can you be a little bit engaged?). I didn't want to pretend to be a bride, so Carly put my promise ring on her left hand and pretended to be getting married. We talked to people at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, David's Bridal, and Joanne's Fabrics about her "wedding." She answered all questions without a moment's hesitation - it was actually kind of freaky... She's marrying Jack Webb next May. He just graduated from GVSU with a degree in Chemical Engineering. She's not having a flower girl, but she and her mom are going to Chicago to look at wedding gowns next week. I tried very hard to be a good fake maid of honor and not burst out laughing...it was tough a few times. She didn't treat her maid of honor very well, though - she told me to braid myself a headband with her wedding colors and wear it every day until the wedding. She also told me that if I made one more bad suggestion, I was fired as maid of honor. I shall remember this treatment, Carly!!!! (the people at the stores were sympathetic to my plight - I know it).
4. Taylor is weird about pets - I am not sure why this has not made it onto this blog before. He will be playing with Cindy and say something like, "Ooooh, you're so cute! I just want to squeeze you until your eyes pop out!" Whaaaaaaaat? He said that about a puppy at Drue's graduation party. I sometimes wonder how he feels about people...will he secretly squeeze my eyes out in my sleep one of these days? We shall see. Only time will tell.
5. Taylor, Carly, and I were watching a show on TLC called, Say Yes to the Dress. Basically, it's a show about brides who go and try on wedding dresses. Kind of a dumb premise for a show if you ask me. Anyway, it got to the part where the bride came out and showed the dress to all of her friends and family, and she started crying. Carly said, "Oh my gosh. That is so dumb. Why would anyone cry at something like that? Christine, you better not cry when you try on your wedding dress, or I will punch you. That is so weird." She then turned to me and said, "Oh my gosh, you're actually crying!" I was. At a TLC show. FML.
6. I was looking up experiments to do with my Kitchen Chemistry class. First of all, we tried to make fireball bubbles. That was an epic failure. I went to go research more things and realized that I needed rubbing alcohol. I looked up from the laptop and said to the girls in the bedroom, "Do you guys have any alcohol?" Shelby and her friend Lizzie looked up, pleasantly shocked, and Shelby was like, "Yeah..." to which I realized my mistake and said, "Uh, no. Rubbing alcohol for a science experiement." Ha ha...
The winner for today is...#3. I just don't know anyone other than Carly who would do something like that. It was hilarious. Maybe one day in the far off future, on the chance that I do get engaged, I'll just hand over the ring and let her pose as me for the entire engagement and then just show up for the wedding and see what she did. I like this plan. I'm sure Rex would be really excited about me saying, "Thanks for the ring. Here you go, Carly. Go nuts." *sigh* Alas, it was a fun game for a while anyway. Shelby said that next time she gets to be the bride.
CAMP CROOKSTON DAY 2 TOMORROW - STAY TUNED
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

lol I LOVE you guys :)
ReplyDelete