Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 9

Well, it's still the morning, but I'm at work and have a second to record a couple of today's nominees so far:

1. This actually happened yesterday, but it's going on today's list. Taylor asked me where my house is, and I told him. He was all surprised and said, "Oh, I thought you lived downtown. I always pictured your house as dark and, like, gaunt." Um...thanks Tay. You make me feel like I live in a faimly of vampires.

2. This morning I walked through the kitchen on my way to work when I saw Shelby, sipping her coffee completely topless. I said, "Um, hey Shelby," to which she replied, "Well I was doing laundry but wanted to wash my shirt, and I figured - why wait until next week?" She was engaging in the trademarked "Crookston boob hold," where she sort of gathers up her boobs in her hand to be a little less scandalous than if she just let them hang loose and stare at the world.

I will be back with more moments when I get home from work, I assure you.


***EDIT*** Okay, I must finish the Crookston Moments for Day 9, even though technically now is day 10. I was too busy observing Crookston craziness to update this blog, so I shall do so now.

3. Carly said I was a bit anti-feminist for answering "bake him cookies" to all guy problems that exist. We decided it would be fun to pretend to be super-feminist, so instead of throwing away our old bras we have decided to have a bra-burning party. It has not taken place yet, but rest assured that when it does it will DEFINITELY make an appearance on this blog.

4. Shelby and Carly did a beautiful duet to "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas. It was complete with interpretive dancing and "mother bear noises" from Carly. Love it.

5. Shelby, Carly, and I found ourselves in the dark with our faces all up against the "glowing orb" (Paige's sparkle ball illuminated by blue light) trying to see into our future (oh, and by the way, it didn't work. It just inspired Shelby to watch Space Jam).

6. Ask Carly about the "dancing three-way." Go ahead, do it.

7. Carly made a huge confession to me, hardly fit to print in this blog. I, however, am doing it anyway *evil laugh.* She guiltily showed me a treasured childrens novel and admitted that it is from the library and ten years overdue. She also said that she's now afraid to ever go into any branch of KPL for fear that they might have some "blood sensor" and say, "There's the one! SHE stole that book!!!"

And the Cookston moment of the day is...#2. This family is unusually comfortable with their bodies, and this sort of scenario surfaces more frequently than one might imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment