Saturday, June 13, 2009

Because living here cannot remain undocumented...

Living with the Crookstons is...fantastically insane. I mean, I really cannot do the experience justice by simply talking about it. I think everyone should have to live with this family for a week just to see what they're like. They're awesome, hilarious, kind, hospitable, and quirkier than most other families (I can't say quirkier than all other families because, well, look at mine).

Anyway, it is now day five of my life as a quasi-Crookston. Already I am starting to forget some of the antics that go on here on a daily basis because there are so many of them. They are beginning to seem commonplace. That's why I have begun this blog, to record the best "Crookston Moment" of each day that I am here. I will nominate the top...however many moments, and then I will pick the best one. For example, the nominees for today are:

1. Mrs. Crookston greeting me with, "Good morning, Christine. Tell me, where else on Earth can you be woken up by ducks quacking outside your window?!"

2. Taylor saying, "Who's silver flip flops are these?" I replied with "mine." He replied with, "Oh, you would like to THINK so, wouldn't you?"

3. Carly dancing on her countertop singing "Hooked on a feeling" at the top of her lungs.

4. Shelby discussing her heroin-addict looking arms after a horrible day trying to give blood ending in her passing out in some nurses' arms.

5. Meeting their Aunt Debbie. When I was introduced, I said, "Nice to meet you," to which she replied, "Oh, I haven't met you, but I have met Cindy!" She met my pet rat before me. Nice.

6. Taylor saying, "Christine!! I have EIGHT facebook notifications! I am soooo popular..."

That's good for today, I suppose. I'd have to say that the winning Crookston moment is....*drumroll please*....#3. I mean, it's just so typical of these family members. They're deliciously psycho. I am so glad to be living here. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment