Day 23 of me living here, and Day 2 of Camp Crookston. Can you imagine if we were on Day 23 of Camp Crookston?! *shudder* That would be crazy. The nominees for today are...
#1. Mr. Crookston accidentally blowing up a firecracker in the bonfire. This is only funny because no one was injured. The explosion was nice, though.
#2. Tyler, the Crookston's cousin, started to tell a story about when he forgot to bring his chapstick camping in fifth grade. Taylor, Alli, and Ginny didn't care about this story and started a rousing chorus of Veggie Tales tunes. A few minutes later when the sing-a-long was complete, we were all silent for a moment before Tyler said, "And so my lips were really chapped."
#3. AS THIS IS BEING TYPED, I can hear the "campers" in the tent outside my window. Junior Counselor Taylor is leading them in a sing-a-long of "Right Round." Great, Taylor. What's next? "Blame it on the Alcohol"?! Please, teach your little cousins more of these great songs.
#4. Carly and I had a bobsledding race on her kitchen counter. I'm pretty sure I won, but it's hard to tell since we weren't actually moving. We just sort of wiggled around and made hissing noises (which were, obviously, our sleds skating along the ice). She took a break to text Shelby, though, and I inched ahead. Therefore I think I won. Gold medal for me!!!
#5. By request, Taylor is submitting a story to this blog: He was with his friend Cole who asked Taylor if he would ever date a black girl. Taylor said sure. Cole wondered if the Bible had any laws prohibiting such a union. Taylor said, "Yes, Cole. God loves black people less. We should not speak to them." He didn't actually say that; I added that part. I'm sure it was what he was thinking, weren't you, Taylor?
The winner fro today is #4. Something like this would not happen anywhere but at the Crookston house. It simply wouldn't. There's no way. If you have happened across this blog and aren't at the Crookston house, go try bobsledding on your counter. It won't work - you'll just look silly. It's only cool here.
***EDITOR'S NOTE*** An unnamed anonymous reader has complained about yesterday's post. She claims that the information about the so-called "Carly" was false because a person can indeed be "a little bit engaged." She says this "Carly" was only searching for wedding things out of interest for her friend, and not because she is a crazed wannabe bridezilla who is living vicariously through her surrogate sister. As the editor, I would like to say that the post from yesterday stands as written, and nothing will be retracted. Every word is true. Take THAT, you unnamed anonymous reader! I write this blog, so I have the power! HA!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment