Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 10

Day 10 - Double digits! How much longer will it be until this family stops doing things worthy of a blog? I have no idea. It's going to be a while. The nominees for today are:

1. Mrs. Crookston saying, "Good morning, Christine. I am just waiting for the farrier, he should be here any minute. It's like a pedicurist, but for horses." So, what can I major in to get that job, please?

2. Mr. Crookston hunted flies all day with this ridiculous looking flyswatter that is about as big as a tennis racket. He said he got it as a joke or something, but it's very effective in covering a wide surface area to kill the flies. FLIES BEWARE - you should stay outside.

3. Taylor told me that he's going to start being weird on purpose just so he can win "Crookston Moment of the Day."

4. Carly appeared in my room wearing ripped jeans, a bright blue spaghetti strap shirt with a black sheer shirt overtop of it and huge tealish looking earrings with some sort of snowflake pattern on them. Her hair was down and poofy. She then said, "Be straight with me, Christine. Do I look like a slut from 1983?" She didn't. It was very much more 1987-88, but definitely yes to the slut portion.

5. I sat for literally a half hour and listened to Mrs. Crookston tell stories today. Don't get me wrong - I love listening to her stories. It's just...well, they seemed kind of random. There was one about a time when she tape recorded her professor just because fetus Drue would move around whenever he heard the professor's voice, and then there was one about the time she drank half a bottle of wine in Napa while visiting friends only to discover that it was really expensive, and then another monologue about what she wants to be called when she's a grandmother (Nana's too weird, Grandma's too old, Mimi's out because there's only one Mimi, Honey would be kind of cute...). These stories somehow flowed to each other with little to no input from me, and suddenly she stops mid sentence and goes, "Whoa. My stories are really long, aren't they?"

6. I observed Carly doing a dramatic sing along while watching Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. She wasn't aware she was being watched, and she looked like a five year old who was acting out the entire show by themselves.

7. I brought up a box of laundry to do today. Apparently Mrs. Crookston read my last blogpost, because she came upstairs and said, "Oh, is this your box of things to burn?" I said, "Um, NO, Mrs. Crookston, these are my actual clothes." How embarrassing...she thinks I should burn my clothes. Well, I think she should burn that crazy feather shirt that Carly found last week, so THERE.

There's really no clear winner today. I suppose I'll go with number 5 since it took me the longest to type. Great reasoning, I know. Hey - this is MY blog. Don't judge.


****EDIT***** Taylor just got home from going out with his friends, and these moments simply must be added to the list for today. Actually, I'm just going to summarize a couple of conversations for you because that will work best.

C: Uh, Taylor? Is that nail polish on your toe?
T: *nervous laugh* Yeah, but I mean, it's only on one toe. Oh, and on my leg. But like, just a little bit though.

(later, when we are looking at facebook pictures)

C: So this is the girl you like?
T: Yes, she's beautiful.
C: Does she know that you like her?
T: Well, no. I mean, I tell her, but she doesn't really get it.
C: What do you mean?
T: Like, in Chemistry she said, "Why can't I hear the teacher?" and I said, "Why can't you hear the murmurs of my heart?" and I say things like, "I'm so in love with you." She says that if I actually was, I wouldn't have told her, so it doesn't exactly work.
C: Oh, I see...clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment