Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dear Crookstons

Dear Crookston Family,

Thanks so much for letting me live with you this summer. You will probably never know the impacts you had on my life or how much it means to me that you were willing to open you home up in that way.

With that said, congratulations on your baby goats! I am SO GLAD they waited the extra three hours between when I was done farm sitting and when you got home to be born. I wish your chickens would have been that well-behaved and would have stayed in their coop instead of flying into the trees, but alas. I could not be so lucky. At least I kept everything alive, though, so I think it was a successful farm sitting experience.

I'm quite sure there's no other family on the planet like yours, and I love that. You should too. Don't take for granted what you have out there on your farm, because it's something really special. I feel so blessed to have been a part of that, even if it was just for a summer.

Of all of the things I will treasure about my experience at your house, one of the top things will have to be the contents of this blog. Thanks for being crazy enough to inspire me to write it, and thanks for being crazy enough to keep it going. Whenever I have a bad day in the future, I can just look back at these memories and laugh. Obviously I was never going to forget this summer, but now this blog will ensure that none of us will. He he he...

Anyway, I love you all, and thanks for everything. Sincerely. I know I'll never be able to pay you back, so I can just pray that God will bless you richly for your generosity and hospitality. I'm sure He will, and you guys fully deserve it.

I will miss you, and I will miss this blog. Thanks for being dedicated readers, but it is time to lay "Inside These Crookston Walls" to rest since I no longer live in them. It was a great project, and now it is complete.

Love always,
Christine

3 comments:

  1. Oh cheez, don't go! Can't you just change the name...inside these college apartment walls?? But wait..maybe we don't want to know...hmm.

    Anyhoo, I have loved every second of your blog. Thanks for taking us "inside" with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woh, I got goosebumps reading this. Christine, you became my sister this summer. I will miss living with you.

    love love love,
    Carcheesy/Carlotta/Carkeys/Carbaybay/every other nickname you have always hated. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine,
    I love you more than I can say. I came to this blog to read about our past memories and I realized I never read the completion of this blog. It was perfect.

    Ohhhh btw, on Friday I realized that i am going to be a wreck (aka cry) at your wedding. I never knew this before.

    ReplyDelete