Okay, it's been a while. I haven't been at the Crookston's very much lately due to lots of working, a wedding, a family dinner, etc. I want to update for yesterday, though, and I'll throw in a couple from the days I missed as well. The nominees are:
1. First of all, I must preface this nomination by saying that Mrs. Crookston told me, "If you're still writing that blog thingy, this had better not show up on it." I don't think she actually reads this, though, so I'm putting it up. If you do read this, Mrs. Crookston, then...oh well. Sorry. It's a funny story, and why are you embarrassed anyway? Taylor's the one who acted weird. Anyway, I got home last night to find Taylor and Mrs. C lying on the floor in Carly and Shelby's room. They were practicing "reflexology" out of a new book that Mrs. C got somewhere. Taylor rolled up a swan blanket and said, "Christine! Lie down! I'm going to do reflexology on your face! Just put this blanket in the arch of your back, right above your butt." As Taylor started doing weird hand motions on and around my face, Mrs. C said, "We just started learning this, so if your spleen explodes, please don't be mad," and then "Taylor! Don't start with the colon one!" He continued to act like a weird teenage witchdoctor, saying things such as, "I am now going to touch your chin here, which will help your pancreas," or "when I touch this spot on your nose, your stomach will funtion better." He got to my ear and I said, "What does that do?" to which he replied, "Uh, relaxes your ear. Duh." Ha ha...anyway, it was very weird. I did sleep well, though, so good job Taylor.
2. When Carly's friends Jessie and Allison came over, we were all talking in the morning when Jessie suddenly said, "Oh, Carly. Why is there a weird man in a reflective vest in your yard?" Carly had no idea. After some deliberation, it was decided that Jessie would go ask the man who he was. When she walked outside, though, the man got in his truck and left. We still don't know who it was **cue twilight zone theme**
3. I decided that living with the Crookstons is not so much a place to stay as it is a "Fashion, Hair, and Make-Up Internship." Carly and I play life-size barbies (I'm the Barbie, and she puts her clothes and make-up on me). I'm learning a lot, though. I went out on a date with Rex a few days ago and he said, "Wow, you look really pretty." I replied excitedly, "Yeah, and guess what?! This is all my stuff, and I did it all myself!" The worst part was, he was as suprised at my new glam abilities as I was. Oh, well. I am learning, Master Carly.
Oh, great. My office shift is over at work. I will put the rest of the past nominations on the next post, which should appear tonight or tomorrow. For the ones I posted now, though, the winner is #1. It was incredibly funny. More moments soon!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment