*Yawn* I just got back from a double blind date (well, only half of it was blind), and I am very tired so I only have a second to write, but write I shall. The nominees for Crookston Moment of the day are:
#1. Carly and I's "double blind date." We went out with Rex and his best friend Kyle. It was really fun, and Kyle was very impressed with Carly's music knowledge and band preferences. Honestly, I was pretty impressed with them too. I had no idea she knew all of these eclectic bands. It wasn't until afterward that she admitted to me she only had heard of those bands because of Alyssa, and she was trying to say she liked music that Alyssa likes since Kyle seemed to like that type of music. Ha ha...come on, Carly. I'm sure he would have been impressed by your affinity for Broadway showtunes!
#2. Carly and Taylor's "fight" because Carly's blog post from yesterday was a rebuttal to mine, and Taylor took my side and said that my blog is better. HA! I WIN!
#3. I came home from the double date to find Taylor carefully tending to Cindy and wrapping her in blankets. He berated me for leaving the window open in my room because Cindy's paws were getting chilly. Can I please mention that it is JULY?! She would have been fine, Taylor, but your 5 star treatment of my rat is, as always, appreciated.
#4. This morning Paige (the Crookston's cousin) came downstairs wearing only a shirt and some underwear. She said, "Sorry I don't have any pants. I forgot to bring some." I responded, "That's fine. I won't look." She looked at me defensively and said, "No, you can look! These are clean underwear!" Okay, thanks Paige. I would hate to see unlaundered undies, but since they're clean, all is well.
#5. Speaking of underwear, this morning I found Shelby's underwear in the yard. I texted her to find out what it was doing there, and she said she had no idea. I mean, how does one's underwear jump from her upstairs room to the middle of the lawn? She later discovered a "solution" to how they might have appeared there (something about falling out of her pants? Ask her if you want the story), but I still thought it was funny/random.
The winner today is...#3. The Crookstons really love their animals, and Cindy has been wholeheartedly adopted by all except Carly and Mr. Crookston. We're still working on them.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

In my defense, I DO actually like that music...I was just introduced to it by Alyssa. I happen to be listening to it now, so THERE.
ReplyDelete