Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 38

Well...the Crookstons are leaving me. It's sad but true. They are going to South Haven for a week starting tomorrow, and then I will have nothing to write about! I mean, I'll still be taking care of the animals, so maybe they can make an appearance on this blog. Maybe I'll do a "best of" Crookston moments that didn't quite make it to nomination status before. Maybe I'll call the Crookstons every night and let them tell me the crazy things that happened in South Haven. Then I'll just be sad that I'm not there to witness the moments, though, so maybe that's not the best option. Anyway, before they leave, I will put up this post. The nominees for this post are:

1. Carly's aunt, uncle, and cousins came over to have dinner. Drue told us all about how he can make himself dry heave, and how he did this once in acting class and his professor was very impressed. Mrs. C was like, "Do it right now, Drue!" I expected everyone to laugh awkwardly and say something along the lines of, "Heh heh heh...we're eating. Maybe some other time..." Nope. No one did. They were all really into it. Who ARE these people?!

2. Mrs. Crookston went and learned how to milk a goat. When Taylor had his friend Katie over, Mrs. C said, "Katie! I know how to milk a goat! Okay, now put your thumbs down like this. Seriously, do it! Okay, now those are the teats, and here's how you press on them to get the milk. See? Okay, now I'll put my thumbs down and you try!" Katie was slightly less excited than Mrs. Crookston about this lesson, but I mean, let's be honest: it's hard to be more excited than Mrs. Crookston when it comes to things like that.

3. Taylor's horse, Wrigley, wears a mask during the day that has no eye holes and covers his ears as well. He looks so goofy in it. It seems as if he's about to be executed or something. Supposedly it is to keep the flies off of him. Whatever. Taylor knows way more about horses than me, so I won't judge. Well, not too much.

4. I got sick a couple days ago and had to just lie in bed all day. Taylor said he'd watch a movie with me, and I was glad for the company. He asked what movie I wanted to watch, and I said, "I don't care, as long as it isn't sad or scary." He picked Steel Magnolias, which I had heard was sad. I asked him if it was, but he assured me that it wasn't sad at all. Have you seen Steel Magnolias? Hmmmmm? It's SAD! She DIES! Could he have picked a sadder movie?!? Now I will never trust him again.

5. Shelby got dressed up to go to the Harry Potter premier as a "Slytherin Slut." Yep, she looked like one. Pictures to follow.

6. Mrs. Crookston is probably one of the most hospitable people that I know. That's why I thought it was hilarious when she saw one of Taylor's student's parents outside the door and immediately ducked down, saying, "Christine! Don't let them see me! I don't want to talk to them!!" I'm encouraged to know that we ALL have those moments - even Mrs. Crookston.

7. I was taking a nap and Taylor walked in, grabbed Cindy, and put her on my face. Guess what? Cindy had to pee.

8. Carly's cousin Paige taught me how to do Yoga on the Crookston's front lawn, and then proceeded to tell me the longest story in the history of the world about "Mr. and Mrs. Amsbury" and their "very beautiful" South Korean children named Paige and Tyler.

Hey! Taylor's done with his lesson now. I will end this blog here in order to maximize my time with the Crookstons before they desert me. *sniff* THANKS A LOT, GUYS! WHERE WILL MY LITERARY INSPIRATION COME FROM NOW?!?!
Winner for the day: #4. This is because, in 20 years of being Carly's friend and 38 days of living here, I have yet to see a good, happy, not weird movie here.

No comments:

Post a Comment