Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 45

The Crookstons came back yesterday. They had one night at home between their beach vacation and their Indianapolis family reunion (I will be farm sitting again). Seeing them, though, inspired me to continue this blog for yet another post. The posts are numbered at this point, though, because I am moving out on Sunday to prepare for my upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand. The nominees for this post are:

1. I was talking to Taylor about girls. I thought he might like this one girl (who shall remain nameless, partly because I don't remember her name at this point) and he said, "Eh, I don't know. Maybe when she gets her braces off." Can we be more superficial, Taylor?!

2. I went out to visit the Crookstons at their beach house on Tuesday of this week. I went to "supervise" Taylor and his friend Sarah (by order of Mrs. C). While walking back from the beach, the three of us engaged in a Queen sing-a-long followed by a Bible reenactment where Taylor and I put our towels on our heads "virgin Mary" style and pretended like we were Mary and Martha discussing our brother Lazarus.

3. While farm sitting, I had random patriotic songs get stuck in my head. This was not cool.

4. Last night, we (Shelby, Carly, Katie, and I) were hanging out in Carly's room watching old home videos. I was in a surprisingly large number of them. It was so funny to see how the personalities of the Crookston children were evident even when they were so young. For example, Carly was still snarky (DAD! He's eight and a half! Not FIVE!), Shelby was still perpetually naked, Drue thought he was a total stud (he stood in front of the camera that was filming Carly's birthday party so that he could show himself lifting weights), and Taylor was adorable and slightly high maintenence (crying when he got a new bed because he preferred Drue's bed).

5. In the video of Carly's fourth birthday party, I arrived with some really creepy looking baby sitter that I don't remember at all. I smiled for the camera and Shelby said, "Oh my gosh, Christne! Look at all of your teeth. You're like a baby phiranna!" Thanks, Shelby. Be nice to me or I SHALL EAT YOU WITH MY BABY PHIRANNA TEETH!

6. Taylor and I went on a "date night" because neither of us had anything to do last Friday. It was a practice date for when he next goes on a real date, and I corrected him whenever he did anything stupid. It was actually really fun. We went to go visit Rex and Gander Mountain and now Taylor is convinced that Rex hates him. (HE DOESN'T, TAY TAY!)

7. This morning, Carly and Shelby woke up early and went garage sale-ing. This is certainly a switch from all of their making fun of me for doing that. Maybe they have had some effect on me this summer, but it appears that I have affected them too. :-D

8. I had to get a blood test to check for some possible heath problems, and I was very scared so I told Carly about it. She replied with, "Okay, so if you have one year left to live, what do you want to do? I mean, obviously I'll start by planning you an awesome elopement so that you can get married..." Carly, you're such a sensitive friend. Thanks a lot. If I'm dead a year from now, I hope you feel awful.

The winner today is...*drumroll please*...#4. It embodied all of the Crookstons in the same post, so I thought it would be a good winner. I estimate that there will probably only be one more post to this blog, so stay tuned for that. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment